Suspect in National Guard attack struggled with ‘dark isolation’ as community raised concerns
Rahmanullah Lakanwal faces first-degree murder charges after killing one and critically wounding another National Guard member near the White House, prompting immigration policy reviews.
- The Afghan man accused of attacking National Guard members outside the White House had been struggling with isolation and erratic behavior for years.
- Emails revealed concerns were raised about Rahmanullah Lakanwal's inability to hold a job or assimilate, alternating between isolation and reckless travel.
- Lakanwal, 29, has been charged with first-degree murder after the attack that killed Sarah Beckstrom and wounded Andrew Wolfe.
42 Articles
42 Articles
Suspect in National Guard attack struggled with 'dark isolation' as community raised concerns
The Afghan man accused of gunning down two National Guard members blocks from the White House last week had been unraveling for years.
Accused National Guard attacker faces murder charge, Trump wants to halt ‘Third World’ migration
WASHINGTON — The Afghan man accused of shooting two National Guard members in Washington, killing one, will face first-degree murder charges for an attack that prompted U.S. President Donald Trump to declare he would stop migrants from “Third World Countries.” U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Jeanine Pirro said on Fox News on Friday that other charges would be filed against 29-year-old Rahmanullah Lakanwal, who she said ambushed the so…
The U.S. immigration authorities have suspended "all decisions" regarding the granting of refugee status. The State Department has also announced the suspension of the issuance of visas for anyone applying with an Afghan passport.
Donald Trump vows to halt immigration from 'all Third World Countries,' but the blanket ban includes the very allies who risked lives
President Trump just announced a huge policy shift, vowing to permanently halt immigration from “all Third World Countries,” according to The Hill. This follows the tragic shooting of two National Guard members this week in Washington, D.C. This is a massive and sweeping move, and it comes right after a devastating incident that shocked the nation. U.S. Army Spc. Sarah Beckstrom, who was only 20, sadly died on Thursday from her injuries. The oth…
Trump Freezes US Migration after DC Incident: List of Third-world Countries Affected So Far
President Donald Trump has stated he is to 'permanently pause migration from all Third World countries' following a Washington, DC shooting in which National Guard soldier Sarah Beckstrom died and an Afghan national was named as the main suspect. According to officials quoted by US media, those 'countries of concern' are the same 19 states already covered by Trump's June 2025 travel ban and visa restrictions, not a brand-new list. READ MORE: Tru…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





















