NASCAR Star Kyle Busch Hospitalized with Severe Illness, Family Says
Richard Childress Racing named Austin Hill as Busch’s replacement after the 41-year-old was hospitalized and placed under treatment.
- On Thursday, two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch was hospitalized with a severe illness and will not compete in Sunday's Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, his family announced.
- The 41-year-old Las Vegas native won championships in 2015 and 2019 and is currently 24th in the Cup Series standings through 12 races this season.
- Richard Childress Racing announced that O'Reilly Auto Parts Series veteran Austin Hill will drive Busch's No. 8 car at Charlotte, reuniting with crew chief Andy Street.
- "Kyle has experienced a severe illness resulting in hospitalization," the Busch family said in a statement, while Richard Childress Racing added that Busch's health is their "upmost priority."
- Currently in a contract year, Busch may return to RCR for another season, though NASCAR must issue a waiver for him to qualify for The Chase.
45 Articles
45 Articles
NASCAR champ Kyle Busch hospitalized with undisclosed but 'severe illness,' will miss Coca-Cola 600
Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch will miss this weekend's Coca-Cola 600 because of an undisclosed illness that put him in the hospital earlier this week.The announcement came from Busch's family via his official social media account."Kyle has experienced a severe illness resulting in hospitalization. He is currently undergoing treatment and will not compete in any of his scheduled activities this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway…
Kyle Busch to Miss Charlotte Double-Duty Weekend Following Illness Concerns Stemming From Watkins Glen Incident
Fresh off a dominant Craftsman Truck Series victory in the Ecosave 200 at Dover Motor Speedway and a top-20 finish in the Cup Series All-Star Race, Kyle Busch was originally scheduled to run double duty this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway in both the North Carolina Education Lottery 200 and Sunday’s Coca-Cola 600. I
Prayers Pour In For NASCAR Star After Family's Statement
NASCAR Cup Series driver Kyle Busch will not race in Sunday’s Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway after being hospitalized with what his family described as a severe illness. Busch, 41, was also scheduled to compete in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race this weekend, but his family said he will not participate in any on-track activity as he undergoes treatment. “Kyle has experienced a severe illness resulting in hospitalization,” the B…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 62% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

















![[your]NEWS](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroundnews.b-cdn.net%2Finterests%2Ffb6dc495f74049f513563c33352175eaa0ecd509.jpg%3Fwidth%3D60&w=128&q=75)





