Trump says airspace above and surrounding Venezuela to be closed in its entirety
- On Saturday, President Donald Trump posted on Truth Social, "To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY," escalating his 'war on drugs' posture.
- The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration last week warned major airlines to exercise caution due to worsened security and more than a dozen U.S. warships and 15,000 troops are deployed under Operation Southern Spear.
- U.S. forces have struck over 20 Venezuelan vessels since early September, killing at least 83 people, according to Reuters, while Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth defended the strikes as lawful.
- A number of airlines began rerouting flights earlier this month and several carriers suspended routes after the FAA warning, prompting Venezuela to revoke operating rights for six major international airlines.
- The State Department last month designated Cartel de los Soles a Foreign Terrorist Organization and raised the reward for information on Nicolás Maduro to $50 million this year, even as Trump and Maduro have held recent diplomatic contacts.
317 Articles
317 Articles
The U.S. President is self-locking the airspace over Venezuela. International activists doubt his authority.
Donald Trump is blocking the airspace over Venezuela. He is not in charge of this. He calls on Maduro to resign voluntarily. Observers fear a war in the Caribbean.
The reaction from Caracas to Donald Trump’s announcement of the total closure of Venezuela’s airspace did not wait. About four hours after the US president’s warning, the Venezuelan government responded with a statement calling the announcement “hostile, unilateral and arbitrary act.” Venezuela considers it “an explicit threat of use of force.” Continue reading
'Soon land operations against the narcos'. But talk to Maduro (ANSA)
JUST IN: Trump Fires Off Warning to Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers in Venezuela, Says Venezuelan Airspace Should be Considered "CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY"
President Donald Trump took to Social this morning to declare the airspace above and surrounding Venezuela entirely closed as US military offenses against Venezuela are expected to intensify. This is an issue that the President long campaigned on when running for President in 2024.
Trump says Venezuela's airspace should be viewed as closed
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida — President Donald Trump on Saturday said that the airspace “above and surrounding” Venezuela should be considered as “closed in its entirety,” an assertion that raised more questions about the U.S. pressure on Venezuelan leader Nicolás Maduro. The White House did not respond to questions about what Trump posted on his Truth Social platform, and it was unclear whether he was announcing a new policy or simply reinforcing …
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 42% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






































