USS Benfold Loses Power for 4 Days in South China Sea
The destroyer drifted for four days after a generator failure left about 300 sailors without toilets, air conditioning, or galley services, the Navy said.
- The USS Benfold, an Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer, drifted for four days without power in the South China Sea last month following a generator failure.
- On July 24, the warship suffered an "engineering casualty involving its generators," leaving the vessel unable to maneuver during routine Indo-Pacific operations.
- Lacking air conditioning and galley services in blistering heat, the crew received cooked meals from the guided-missile cruiser USS Robert Smalls during the power loss.
- Contracted tugboats towed the ship to Subic Bay, Philippines, where personnel from the Ship Repair Facility-Japan Regional Maintenance Center completed repairs by August 8.
- This incident marks the second Pacific Command destroyer to lose power this year, reflecting the heavy strain on the Navy due to global commitments and ongoing operations.
79 Articles
79 Articles
USS Benfold, Navy destroyer, went days without power in the South China Sea
The guided-missile destroyer USS Benfold spent four days without power last month after a problem with its engineering, according to a spokesperson for the Navy's 7th Fleet.
The U.S. Navy is currently burdened by the country's many military operations. In July, a destroyer's power drops over four days. The boat has to be towed to a port.
USS Benfold Loses Power for Four Days During South China Sea Deployment
The U.S. Navy destroyer USS Benfold suffered a complete power failure in the South China Sea last month, leaving sailors without potable water, prepared food, ... The post USS Benfold Loses Power for Four Days During South China Sea Deployment first appeared on [your]NEWS.
Navy investigating power failure aboard destroyer in South China Sea
“The loss of power impacted potable water, galley services, toilets and air conditioning aboard the ship,” said a spokesperson for the Navy’s 7th Fleet. The post Navy investigating power failure aboard destroyer in South China Sea appeared first on Task & Purpose.
Trump’s Navy Faces Readiness Questions as Another Warship Breaks Down
Internewscast Journal Internewscast The U.S. Navy under President Donald Trump is once again under the… This Post: Trump’s Navy Faces Readiness Questions as Another Warship Breaks Down first appeared on Internewscast Journal
Navy: Another US warship suffers major failure. The crew of the USS Benfold was left without power, drinking water, and working toilets for four days.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 51% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

























![[your]NEWS](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroundnews.b-cdn.net%2Finterests%2Ffb6dc495f74049f513563c33352175eaa0ecd509.jpg%3Fwidth%3D60&w=128&q=75)














