Get access to our best features

Tigray forces in Ethiopia say 65% of fighters have left frontline after truce agreement

Summary by Ground News
Tigray topmost military commander General Tadesse Worede said nearly 65% of Tigray's armed combatants were disengaged from front lines as part of efforts to implement the permanent cessation of hostilities agreement. The US State Department said on Friday that there has been a promising start in implementing the agreed peace pact.
Published 2 months ago

News Articles

More Filters
All
Left
Center
Right

Tigray forces in Ethiopia say 65% of fighters have left frontline after truce agreement

“We have accomplished 65% disengagement of our army,” Tadesse Wereda, commander-in-chief of the Tigray People’s Liberation Front said in a video.

2 months ago·Mumbai, India
Read Full Article

Rebel Commander Says 65% of Fighters Have ‘Disengaged’ From Tigray Frontlines - New Delhi Times - India Only International Newspaper

The commander-in-chief of the Tigray rebel forces said that 65% of his forces had "disengaged," a month after a cease-fire agreement over Ethiopia's war-torn northern region. "We have started disengagement and relocation of our forces from battlelines… out of our forces, 65% of them have passed through this process, disengaging from battlelines and moved to…

2 months ago
Read Full Article

Rebel commander says 65% of fighters have 'disengaged' from Tigray frontlines

The withdrawal and disarmament of Tigray's forces is a key provision of the agreement signed early last month in South Africa to end the two-year conflict

2 months ago·Kampala, Uganda
Read Full Article

News: Ethiopia's Tigray forces say they have withdrawn 65% of fighters from frontlines — OAF Nation

Ammunition is seen next to a tank destroyed in a fight between the Ethiopian National Defence Force (ENDF) and the Tigray People's Liberation Front (TPLF) forces in Kasagita town, Afar region, Ethiopia, February 25, 2022. Picture taken February 25, 2022.REUTERS/Tiksa Negeri/File Photo NAIROBI (Reuters) -More than half of Tigrayan forces have withdrawn from the frontlines, the forces' top commander said, a month after a ceasefire agreement aime…

2 months ago·United States
Read Full Article

Tigray commander says 65pc of fighters have ‘disengaged’ from frontlines

Fluid situation persists in areas with Eritrean soldiers and regional Ethiopian militia.

2 months ago
Read Full Article

News: Tigray forces commander says nearly 65% combatants disengage from front line - Addis Standard

General Tadesse Worede during the presser on Sunday. Photo: Screenshot/Tigray TV Addis Abeba -Tigray topmost military commander General Tadesse Worede said nearly 65% of Tigray's armed combatants were disengaged from front lines as part of efforts to implement the permanent cessation of hostilities agreement in […]

2 months ago
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

50% of the sources lean Left, 50% of the sources lean Right
Daily Nation
Republic World
L 50%
R 50%
See less detail