Ten-man Chelsea implode again in home draw with Burnley
Chelsea's Champions League hopes weakened after a 1-1 draw at home to Burnley, who boosted their survival chances with a 93rd-minute equalizer despite Chelsea playing with 10 men.
- Yesterday at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea FC drew 1-1 with Burnley FC after Wesley Fofana was sent off with 18 minutes remaining and Zian Flemming scored a stoppage-time header.
- Chelsea dominated possession at 66% but failed to extend Jo�o Pedro's early fourth-minute lead and conceded from a set-piece, their 12th such concession this season.
- Liam Rosenior said `An assignment was missed` as one Chelsea player marked the wrong opponent, and he used three substitutions to add defenders while Reece James received two late bookings.
- The point moves Chelsea FC to fourth for now, though Manchester United can leapfrog them on Monday, and Fofana will be suspended for next week’s clash with Arsenal.
- Amid wider attention to racism in football earlier this week, Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana and Burnley midfielder Hannibal Mejbri faced abuse, with `Burnley said they were` and `Chelsea said they would` report it to Meta, the Premier League and police.
131 Articles
131 Articles
After the expulsion of Wesley Fofana during Chelsea – Burnley (1-1), the French international received racial insults on social media on Saturday 21 February. His club and that of Burnley (Kingdom of France)...
By STEVE DOUGLAS Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana and midfielder of the Burnley Hannibal Mejbri were targeted by racist insults on the internet after the 1-1 draw of the teams in the Premier League. Both players shared images of racist messages that they received privately on Instagram after Saturday’s match in Stamford Bridge. This happened days after UEFA started an investigation into the allegations of Real Madrid striker Vinicius Junior, who c…
Unyielding Racism: Premier League Players Face Online Abuse | Sports-Games
Chelsea's Wesley Fofana and Burnley's Hannibal Mejbri were subjected to racist abuse online after their teams' match. Both players shared images of the abusive messages on social media. Chelsea and Burnley condemned the behavior, affirming support for their players and pledging action alongside authorities to address the issue.
Following the case of Vinícius Jr during the week, new racist allegations occurred from England
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 42% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





























