South Bay history: Harbor City’s long journey to get its own library
The first Harbor City public library came into existence just four years after lots in the area's first subdivision went on sale in 1912. The library remained on 253rd Street until after World War II, when the LAPL bosses determined that a move to larger quarters was necessary. A larger storefront at 25318 Belle Porte Ave. was rented in 1948, and the Harbor City library branch occupied it for the next five years.
Published 2 months ago · South Bay, United States
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe
Time & Location
Sources are mostly out of (0)