Prince William Shares Update on Kate Middleton’s Recovery After Cancer Battle in Rare Interview
William said Kate is gradually resuming overseas visits after her cancer treatment, and praised her first foreign trip as a successful step back into royal duties.
- On Friday, Prince William praised The Princess of Wales for her successful two-day visit to Reggio Emilia, Italy, marking her first major overseas engagement since completing cancer treatment.
- During the visit, the Princess explored the "Reggio Emilia Approach" to early years education, engaging with local educators as part of a "fact-finding mission" for The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood.
- William expressed pride in his wife of 15 years, stating, "She's an amazing mum and an amazing wife and literally our family couldn't cope without her." He added she has been "absolutely stunning."
- Following the trip's success, the Princess reportedly asked her team, "Where next?" signaling her eagerness to undertake future international engagements focused on "protecting human connection."
- A Kensington Palace spokesperson described the visit as the "first chapter in a much broader global effort" led by the Princess, noting she was "extremely inspired" by the experience.
60 Articles
60 Articles
On Friday, May 22, 2026, Prince William entrusted himself with the state of health of his wife Kate, who made his first official visit in three years on May 13 and 14.
Kate 'edging' back into foreign trips after illness Prince William
LONDON, United Kingdom — Britain's Prince William on Friday said his wife Catherine, popularly known as Kate, was "edging herself back into doing more" overseas trips following her cancer diagnosis in 2024.William, 43, told Heart radio's breakfast show that the Princess of Wales was "buzzing" after her visit to Italy earlier this month, her first foreign visit since the diagnosis."She's been through so much in the last couple of years, particula…
Prince William (43) gave a rare live interview on British radio on Friday. In a conversation with Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden of 'Heart Breakfast', the royal spoke about his wife Catherine's recovery. He also indicated that he was proud of his wife's visit to the Italian city of Reggio Emilia. It was her first official overseas visit since she was treated for cancer.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 38% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium




























