Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Prince William Calmly Informs Children of Kate's Cancer Diagnosis

Prince William took primary care of their children while Catherine underwent preventative chemotherapy and recovery, sharing a calm, reassuring message with their three young children.

  • Earlier this year, Prince William, the Prince of Wales, and Catherine, the Princess of Wales, calmly told Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis about her illness and reassured them she would be okay.
  • After secondary tests, doctors found cancer following a routine abdominal operation, and medical teams advised immediate preventative chemotherapy to maximise Catherine, Princess of Wales's recovery chance.
  • Friends recall William saying he was left `a state of disbelief` and took charge at home, handling school drop-offs, cooking, and organising playdates for the three children.
  • The recorded message, filmed secretly by the BBC, was broadcast on the 6pm national news and online, with family members supporting the children during Catherine’s treatment.
  • A security probe shows a criminal investigation was launched at the hospital where Catherine was treated, over alleged attempts by three staff to access her private records, according to the biography.
Insights by Ground AI

30 Articles

Right

According to Royals expert Russell Myers, the disease has "changed everything" in the life of the heir to the throne. In his new biography, he reveals touching details from the difficult times. "He spoke of the ground that was torn under his feet," says a close friend, describing William's shocking reaction to his wife's diagnosis. "Suddenly," Myers quotes him in his new book, "William and Catherine: The Intimate Inside Story." William suffered …

·Vienna, Austria
Read Full Article
Center

In an excerpt from a book to be published on the story of the couple formed by Kate and William published this Saturday, February 14, in the columns of the Mirror, we learn how the princely couple informed their three children of their mother's state of health and how they faced this trial together.

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 44% of the sources are Center
44% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Daily Mirror broke the news in London, United Kingdom on Saturday, February 14, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal