Pentagon releases second batch of UFO files, with more videos and documents
The release adds videos, audio files and historical records, and officials said the cases remain unresolved because the data is incomplete.
- On May 8, the Pentagon released more than 50 previously classified videos and documents related to unidentified anomalous phenomena, bringing total UAP-related files released to over 200.
- President Trump directed the disclosure for "Complete and Maximum Transparency," claiming "previous Administrations have failed to be transparent" and that with these "Documents and Videos, the people can decide for themselves."
- Released footage includes a 2024 U.S. Coast Guard infrared video showing an object near a plane, a 2021 clip labeled "Syrian UAP instant acceleration," and a 2020 U.S. Central Command video depicting a sphere over a population center.
- Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth stated, "It's time the American people see it for themselves," while the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office found no evidence of extraterrestrial origins, admitting many incidents remain "unresolved."
- Historical records include documentation of 209 sightings of "green orbs," "discs," and "fireballs" reported near a top secret facility in Sandia, New Mexico, between 1948 and 1950, among 222 total files released.
93 Articles
93 Articles
Pentagon releases new batch of UFO files
The Pentagon on Friday released a second batch of declassified files related to unidentified anomalous phenomena, or UAPs, which are commonly called UFOs. The release is part of a broader initiative ordered earlier this year by President Donald Trump. Officials stressed in the descriptions of the videos here that the materials were released “for informational purposes only” and should not be viewed as a determination about what the objects were …
Pentagon releases second batch of UAP files and videos online
The U.S. Department of War has released the second batch of declassified Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) records under its Presidential Unsealing and Reporting System for UAP Encounters (PURSUE). The files have been published on WAR.GOV/UFO, continuing a rolling disclosure effort that began earlier this month. Officials said the release includes historical documents and video material gathered from military branches, federal agencies, and…
The U.S. War Department has published a new set of declassified documents on unidentified abnormal phenomena, including reports of Apollo 12 astronauts, CIA reports from the Cold War period, and mysterious observations near American nuclear bases. The Pentagon claims that materials are part of an extensive transparency effort on UFO investigations and possible alien life encounters.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 46% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
































