Nick Reiner Doubles Down on Entitlement to Estate Plan Funds
He says the trustee withheld a mandatory $558,000 distribution without consent, while attorneys invoke California’s Slayer Statute amid his murder case.
- On Monday, the Los Angeles Superior Court will hear arguments regarding Nick Reiner's petition to access his trust fund. Reiner, facing murder charges for the deaths of parents Rob and Michele Reiner, seeks a distribution he claims was mandatory at age 30.
- Trustee Jodi Pais Montgomery opposes the request, invoking California's 'Slayer Statute,' which prevents individuals from inheriting from those they allegedly killed. Montgomery asserts Reiner previously gave consent to indefinitely withhold the $585,000 distribution.
- Reiner denies authorizing any withholding, arguing he remains legally presumed innocent and requires funds to re-hire defense attorney Alan Jackson. He contends the distribution was mandatory and he never waived his right to the money.
- The probate court may independently determine if Reiner 'feloniously and intentionally killed the decedent under a preponderance of the evidence standard,' regardless of criminal proceedings. Trustees argue releasing assets now could create an irreversible financial outcome if he is later convicted.
- Should the court disqualify Reiner, the remaining trust assets would pass to his siblings, Jake and Romy. This civil litigation remains separate from the criminal case regarding the December 2025 attack at the family's Brentwood home.
11 Articles
11 Articles
Nick Reiner Denied Millions From Trust Fund to Pay Legal Defense Costs
Internewscast Journal Internewscast Nick Reiner could be blocked from using his trust fund to finance… This Post: Nick Reiner Denied Millions From Trust Fund to Pay Legal Defense Costs first appeared on Internewscast Journal
Nick Reiner's trust fund request faces major hiccup under California law
Nick Reiner's trust fund request faces major hiccup under California lawNick Reiner, who is facing murder charges in connection with the deaths of his parents, Rob Reiner and Michele Singer Reiner, has been blocked from accessing money from a family trust fund.Reiner, 32, filed a request in court...
Nick Reiner appeals for access to his trust fund: Reports reveal his request has been denied under the 'slayer statute'
Fiduciaries have denied Nick Reiner's application for trust fund access, which he intended to use for legal fees and personal expenses. This denial stems from California's slayer statute that bars inheritance following a felony conviction. Reiner awaits trial for the alleged murder of his parents; should he be found disqualified, the trust funds will be allocated to his siblings instead.
Nick Reiner Doubles Down on Entitlement to Estate Plan Funds
Nick Reiner says in new court papers that he never gave up his right to money from the family estate plan when he turned 30 as asserted by a professional fiduciary. Jodi Pais Montgomery is the current trust trustee and she asserts in her own new court papers filed Tuesday with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ruben Garcia in advance of a hearing on Monday that Nick Reiner is not entitled to funds from the estate plan to help pay for his defense …
It Looks Like Nick Reiner Killed His Mother and Father, and Now He Wants Their Money. No Way
Austin Sarat ScheerPost The history of American law is filled with interesting and often quirky stories. Courts have heard cases about whether a tomato is a fruit or a vegetable (the Supreme Court ruled it was a vegetable), about the legal status of baseball, and about chickens scared by low-flying military planes. The list could go…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






