Published 4 hours ago • loading... • Updated 2 hours ago
Liverpool told to sack Arne Slot as Mohamed Salah U-turn claim made
Jermaine Pennant says Liverpool cannot afford another costly rebuild under Arne Slot, while reports say Mohamed Salah is weighing a top-level European project.
Ex-Red Jermaine Pennant urged Liverpool to dismiss manager Arne Slot, citing the team's 20 losses across all competitions this season and arguing a change is urgently required at Anfield.
Liverpool relinquished the title to Arsenal months ago while breaking records for most goals conceded and most losses in a campaign; Pennant questioned if the board would spend another £450 million on new players.
Mohamed Salah appears to have reached a decision regarding his future, with a Turkish club reportedly tabling an "informal offer" of around £11 million annually to keep him in Europe.
Following Tuesday's Manchester City draw with Bournemouth, Liverpool appear to have secured Champions League qualification; the Reds need only avoid defeat against Brentford at Anfield on Sunday to guarantee a top-five finish.
Reds legend Jamie Carragher previously backed Salah to remain in Europe, echoing the player's reported ambition to pursue a project at the "highest level," though Salah has not "entirely ruled out" a Saudi Arabia move.