Iran: War will spread beyond Middle East if US attacks
Iran is reviewing a new U.S. proposal as Trump says a deal could come in days and warns renewed strikes could follow.
- On Wednesday, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps threatened to spread the war beyond the Middle East if the United States attacks again, following President Donald Trump's claim on Tuesday that he nearly restarted military operations.
- Six weeks since Trump paused Operation Epic Fury for a ceasefire, peace negotiations remain stalled as the U.S. and Iran continue to exchange threats while the military campaign remains suspended.
- Two giant Chinese tankers carrying around 4 million barrels of oil exited the Strait of Hormuz on Wednesday, while Lloyd's List reported at least 54 vessels transited last week, still a fraction of the 140 daily pre-war average.
- Benchmark Brent crude futures eased to near $108 a barrel on Wednesday as market uncertainty persisted; analyst Toshitaka Tazawa noted that fluctuating U.S. stances continue to drive global energy price volatility.
- Iran submitted rejected peace terms this week, including demands for control of the Strait of Hormuz, while retaining its stockpile of near-weapons-grade enriched uranium and the ability to threaten neighbors with missiles and drones.
57 Articles
57 Articles
Follow the latest news about the conflict in the Middle East. More information: Israel secretly built two military bases in the Iraqi desert and deployed special forces there to attack Iran
White House Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller issued a harsh warning to Iranian leaders about the current stalemate, as negotiations have failed to move forward.In statements to Fox News, Miller stated that the current Tehran administration is facing a critical ultimatum on the part of the United States. “This new team in Iran has to make a decision,” Miller said.Andres Repetto in LN+The image includes Iranian supreme leader Ali Khamenei, for…
The US President has sent contradictory signals since the announcement on Monday that he was giving up new strikes in order to allow time for negotiations, oscillating between optimism and threats of renewed hostilities.
Iran is now considering the latest US views on a deal to end the war, while President Donald Trump says…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 41% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

























