Get unlimited access to our best features
Subscribe now

First storm of Atlantic hurricane season possible this weekend

Summary by Ground News
The Atlantic hurricane season has been underway for two days, and meteorologists are already watching an area of disturbed weather off Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. The system, which was kicked off by the remnants of Hurricane Agatha coming from the Pacific, is still poorly organized but there are conditions which may encourage its formation into at least a tropical storm.
2 months ago·Atlantic, Canada

News Articles

More Filters
All
Left
Center
Right
WYFF

Tropical system brewing in Atlantic could become first named storm of Atlantic hurricane season

A tropical system brewing in the Gulf of Mexico is expected to bring heavy rain to Florida this weekend.

2 months ago
Read Full Article
NewsNation

First storm of Atlantic hurricane season possible this weekend

The remnants of a Pacific hurricane could cause trouble in the Gulf of Mexico this weekend.

2 months ago·Chicago, United States
Read Full Article
The Weather Channel

Updated 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season Forecast Increases Number of Storms to Expect | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

Hurricane season has begun, and an updated forecast from CSU continues to call for it to be another busy one. - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

2 months ago
Read Full Article

NOAA predicts above-normal 2022 Atlantic hurricane season - The Coastland Times

Forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service, are predicting above-average hurricane activity this year, which would make it the seventh consecutive above-average hurricane season.NOAA’s outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which extends from June 1 to Nov. 30, predicts a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season and a 10% chance of a below-normal season.F…

2 months ago
Read Full Article

Hurricane Agatha's Remnants Could Kickstart the 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season

Rising odds of tropical development in the opening days of the season

2 months ago
Read Full Article

Colorado State University increases forecast for 2022 Atlantic hurricane season to 20 named storms

According to Colorado State University's June update to its seasonal hurricane forecast, it will be another hyperactive active year in the Atlantic.

2 months ago
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

100% of the sources are Center
NewsNation
The Weather Channel
C 100%
See less detail