Chelsea Boss Alonso Gives Little Away on Fernandez Future Amid Transfer Talk
Chelsea values Enzo Fernandez at about €120 million as Manchester City weighs a midfield move before the transfer deadline, Alonso said.
- On Thursday, Chelsea manager Xabi Alonso sidestepped questions about midfielder Enzo Fernandez's future, saying only that the Argentine is preparing well for Monday's Premier League opener at Fulham.
- Chelsea reportedly set an August 14 deadline for a £120 million valuation of Fernandez, with Manchester City manager Enzo Maresca reportedly interested in reuniting with the midfielder.
- Fernandez joined the Blues from Benfica in 2023 for a record £106.8 million. Alonso described the 25-year-old as 'very integrated' after 10 days of training with a 'good attitude.'
- Monday's match at Fulham pits Alonso against former teammate Alvaro Arbeloa. Alonso insisted their relationship will not affect the contest, stating 'no friends, no past, just the 90 minutes we are fighting for each club.'
- With the transfer window closing on September 1, Fernandez remains a Chelsea player despite ongoing uncertainty. The club expects him to stay, though City or another club could still sign him before the deadline.
12 Articles
12 Articles
The coach did not specify whether or not the midfielder will continue in Chelsea, but expressed the good work he does in each training.
Chelsea boss Alonso gives little away on Fernandez future amid transfer ...
Will Enzo Fernandez stay at Chelsea amid rumours of Manchester City transfer?
Chelsea manager Xabi Alonso declined to say whether Enzo Fernandez is committed to staying at Stamford Bridge amid strong reports linking the Argentina midfielder with Manchester City.
Soccer: Chelsea boss Alonso gives little away on Fernandez future amid transfer talk
Chelsea manager Xabi Alonso stated Enzo Fernandez is preparing well for their upcoming Premier League opener. He confirmed Fernandez is a Chelsea player and training integrally with the team. British media reported Manchester City's interest in the Argentine midfielder. Alonso avoided confirming if Fernandez expressed a desire to stay with the club. The manager's first league match pits him against Fulham's new manager Arbeloa.
Chelsea boss Alonso gives little away on Fernandez future amid transfer talk
LONDON, Aug 20 : Chelsea manager Xabi Alonso said midfielder Enzo Fernandez was preparing well for their Premier League opener at Fulham on Monday, but stopped short of confirming whether the Argentine had told him he wanted to stay amid transfer speculation.British media reported last week that Chelsea had g
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 34% of the sources lean Left, 33% of the sources are Center, 33% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium












