Families protest in Nigeria over children abducted nearly 100 days ago
Families say 45 children remain missing after militants seized classrooms, as parents press Nigeria’s government for a rescue effort.
- On Thursday, parents of schoolchildren abducted from Nigeria's Borno State protested in Uba, demanding the Federal Government secure their release nearly 100 days after the kidnapping.
- Gunmen seized the students on May 15 from classrooms on the fringes of the Sambisa Forest; roughly 78 children across Lassa and Mussa communities remain affected, according to UNICEF Nigeria Deputy Representative Rownak Khan.
- Comparing the response to a successful Oyo State rescue, Buba Mussa said, "It is as if our children do not matter to the President anymore," highlighting parental frustration over perceived disparities.
- Senator Ali Ndume visited the Theatre Command to press for intensified rescue efforts, urging Theatre Commander Major General Abdulsalam Abubakar to prioritize safe return of the remaining abductees.
- Kidnappings persist despite military operations against Boko Haram and the Islamic State West Africa Province , as families in Uba wait past the 98-day mark for news of their children.
16 Articles
16 Articles
FG, Borno govt working to rescue 44 abducted schoolchildren – Zulum
Borno State governor, Babagana Umara Zulum has said the federal and the state government are working together to secure the release of 44 schoolchildren abducted from Mussa community in Askira-Uba Local Government Area. Zulum spoke on Friday while meeting with the parents of the abducted children, who had earlier called on the authorities to intensify efforts to […] FG, Borno govt working to rescue 44 abducted schoolchildren – Zulum
Families protest in Nigeria over children abducted nearly 100 days ago
100 days in captivity: Borno families demand rescue of abducted children
Families and concerned citizens of Borno State have called on President Bola Tinubu and Governor Babagana Umara Zulum to urgently mobilise all available security and intelligence resources to rescue children and other residents who have remained in captivity for 100 days. The post 100 days in captivity: Borno families demand rescue of abducted children appeared first on Vanguard News.
Why Are Nigerian Schoolchildren Still Missing Nearly 100 Days After Their Abduction?
Families Demand Action as Children Remain Missing Families in Nigeria’s northeastern Borno state protested on Thursday, demanding that the government secure the release of children abducted from their classrooms nearly 100 days ago. The children were taken on May 15 from a school in Mussa, a community located on the fringes of the Sambisa Forest, […] The post Why Are Nigerian Schoolchildren Still Missing Nearly 100 Days After Their Abduction? ap…
98 days after: Parents of abducted Borno pupils demand FG’s...
Parents of 46 abducted Mussa school children on Thursday staged a public protest on the streets of Uba, Askira Uba LGA of Borno State, demanding that the Federal Government take immediate action to secure the release of their loved ones. The children were kidnapped from their classrooms on May 15, 2026, at a community situated on the fringes of the dreaded Sambisa Forest, a stronghold for insurgent activity. Almost a hundred days have passed sin…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium















