Cuba warns US military action would cause 'bloodbath' after drone report
Cuban officials said the report was a pretext for intervention and warned that any U.S. attack would trigger a bloodbath.
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel warned on Monday that any United States military action against Cuba would result in a "bloodbath" with "incalculable consequences for regional peace and stability."
- Axios reported Sunday that intelligence officials allege Cuba acquired more than 300 military drones intended to target Guantanamo Bay, American vessels, and Key West, Florida.
- Tensions escalated as the United States blocked oil shipments to Cuba following Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro's capture, causing the island's energy grid to rapidly fail.
- Trump recently claimed he has the "honor of taking Cuba," while the Cuban Embassy dismissed Sunday's drone intelligence as a "false pretext" to target the island.
- CIA Director John Ratcliffe visited Havana last week to meet officials, while the Department of Justice considers indicting Castro for the 1996 downing of two planes.
46 Articles
46 Articles
Cuba warns U.S. military action would cause ‘bloodbath’ after drone report
Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel warned that any U.S. military action against Cuba would trigger a “bloodbath” with major regional consequences. The comments came after reports alleged Cuba had acquired military drones and discussed possible attacks on U.S. targets.
The last of President Miguel Díaz-Canel's warnings to Donald Trump's government is also the strongest, at a time of tension in which the United States has raised the possibility of intervening the island. “If it materializes, it will cause a bloodbath of incalculable consequences,” he warned in X this Monday. The Cuban President's words also serve to justify why Cuba acquired more than 300 drones, alluding to its “legitimate defense,” from China…
The President of Cuba, Miguel Díaz-Canel, today revindicated his country's "legitimate" right to respond to a possible aggression by the United States, amid strong tensions between Havana and Washington. The Cuban Government warned that a possible military aggression by the United States against the island would provoke "a bloodbath of incalculable consequences" and would have a destructive impact on the peace and stability of Latin America and …
The tension between the two countries with ideologically opposing governments continues to escalate: Trump described the island under a communist government as an "exceptional threat" to "US national security" - "Cuba does not pose a threat," said Diaz-Canel.
With clear words, Cuba is intensifying its tone towards the US: President Díaz-Canel not only promises a "blood bath" in the event of military intervention. He also warns against an escalation with far-reaching consequences for the region.
Politics/Defense/Defense Doctrine/Cuba - President Diaz-Canel sees incalculable consequences for the region in US military deployment
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 41% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium



























