Israel to Probe Killing of 5-Year-Old Hind Rajab
The military said reviews of 150 incidents found reasonable suspicion in two cases and no basis for probes in three aid-worker killings.
- The Israeli military announced on August 19, 2026, that it has opened criminal investigations into the high-profile killings of 5-year-old Hind Rajab, six of her family members, and two Red Crescent paramedics who were dispatched to rescue her.
- In its statement, the military acknowledged for the first time that Israeli troops fired upon the civilian vehicle carrying Rajab and her relatives in Gaza City in January 2024, and later shelled the arriving Red Crescent ambulance.
- The military also launched a separate criminal probe into the killings of 15 Palestinian paramedics and emergency workers whose marked rescue vehicles came under fire in the southern Gaza region.
- Concurrent review findings led the military to decline criminal investigations into three other high-profile attacks that killed aid workers from World Central Kitchen and Doctors Without Borders, citing a lack of reasonable suspicion of criminal misconduct.
- Family members of the victims, human rights organizations, and international legal groups expressed skepticism over the move, dismissing the internal military probes as insufficient and calling for an independent international inquiry.
308 Articles
308 Articles
Your emergency call and an award-winning film have announced the death of the Palestinian girl Hind Rajab. Now the Israeli army wants to investigate the case.
The child's body was found in a bullet-screened vehicle several days after the girl was last heard during a long telephone call with the Palestinian Red Crescent on 29 January 2024. The Hebrew State had previously denied the presence of its troops in the area where the events took place.
Israel's military will investigate killings of Hind Rajab, Palestinian paramedics
JERUSALEM — Israel’s military on Wednesday announced its first criminal investigations into troop conduct in Gaza, focusing on the killings of 5-year-old Hind Rajab and her family and of 15 Palestinian paramedics. The military said it would not probe three other attacks that killed aid workers from World Central Kitchen and Doctors Without Borders. It said it had completed reviews of 150 incidents of troop conduct in Gaza and made decisions on t…
The voice of Hind Rajab, who was asking for help surrounded by her dead relatives, "haunted" people in every corner of the world. The post Hind Rajab: Israel admits that it opened fire on the car in which the six-year-old was located appeared first on in.gr.
Israel admits its troops killed 5-year-old girl in Gaza, opens criminal probe
Israel's military acknowledged on Wednesday that its troops had opened fire on a car carrying 5-year-old Palestinian girl Hind Rajab and her family members in Gaza in 2024 and said it had opened a criminal investigation, though rights groups say such probes rarely lead to convictions.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 44% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium







































