'32,000 people were killed during crackdown in Iran', says Donald Trump
President Trump cited 32,000 deaths in Iran's crackdown, warned against executions, and signaled potential limited military strikes to pressure nuclear negotiations.
- On February 20, 2026, President Donald Trump said 32,000 people were killed during January protests in Iran at a White House news briefing, without providing a source for the figure.
- Amid an internet blackout, reports indicate the crackdown on January 8 and 9 was particularly severe, with one Iranian man describing what sounded like a massacre to CBS News.
- Two sources told CBS News that at least 12,000 to 20,000 people were killed, while HRANA reported over 50,000 arrests, and Trump said, `'They were going to hang 837 people, and I gave them the word...'
- U.S. military forces have been building up in the region, moving the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier strike group closer, while national security officials said forces are ready for possible strikes as soon as Saturday.
- On Thursday, Trump warned Iran it had 10 to 15 days to reach a meaningful deal and urged Iranian leaders to negotiate a fair nuclear agreement while U.N. Ambassador Amir Saeid Iravani warned any strike would make U.S. assets legitimate targets.
19 Articles
19 Articles
Iran demands evidence amid US claims of tens of thousands of deaths
• Trump tells reporters 32,000 killed during last month’s nationwide protests; UN expert puts toll at 20,000• Pezeshkian says Tehran will not bow to pressure as threat of war looms large TEHRAN: The Iranian government has demanded evidence after the US President Donald Trump told reporters that 32,000 people were killed during last month’s nationwide protests in the Islamic Republic, Al Jazeera reported on Saturday. Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas…
'Incubator Babies' Are Back, With Iran In Crosshairs - The Ron Paul Institute for Peace & Prosperity
Tehran is once again pointing the finger at “terrorists” for last month’s bloodshed, rejecting outside estimates and doubling down after President Trump just issued his own high estimate. Trump told reporters Friday that 32,000 people were killed in the unrest, declaring that “the people of Iran have lived in hell” under the ruling clerical regime of the Ayatollah. That figure is one of the highest offered so far, even significantly beyond some …
'Incubator Babies' Are Back, With Iran In Crosshairs
'Incubator Babies' Are Back, With Iran In Crosshairs Tehran is once again pointing the finger at "terrorists" for last month’s bloodshed, rejecting outside estimates and doubling down after President Trump just issued his own high estimate. Trump told reporters Friday that 32,000 people were killed in the unrest, declaring that "the people of Iran have lived in hell" under the ruling clerical regime of the Ayatollah. Source: qantara.de That figu…
Iran's foreign minister, Abbas Araqchi, this Saturday backed the number of people...
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 55% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium















