Released UK Palestine Action activist gears up for retrial
Bail was granted after dropped aggravated burglary charges and hung juries on criminal damage, with 23 of 24 defendants released following prolonged pre-trial remands.
- On Friday, judges at the Old Bailey granted bail to all but one of the 24 Palestine Action defendants, leaving 23 out of the Filton 24 in the community.
- On February 4, six of the activists were acquitted of aggravated burglary, and prosecutors later dropped charges against other defendants, weakening the most serious counts.
- Many defendants had been held on remand beyond the 182-day legal limit, with four hunger strikers becoming seriously ill and appearing by video link from Peterborough, Belmarsh, Lewes, Newcastle, Eastwood Park and Chelmsford prisons.
- The next trial is due from April 9 at Woolwich Crown Court, while Samuel Corner remains on remand despite acquittals and the Filton 24 Defence Committee called for his release.
- Supporters criticised Palestine Action was proscribed as a terrorist organisation in July 2025, with almost 7 million and over 1 million in alleged damage, keeping the case politically charged.
14 Articles
14 Articles
Palestine Action and the trouble with defining terrorism
The “dangerous fanatics” of Palestine Action have been given a “free pass” to continue promoting hatred and committing acts of violent disorder, said The Sun. Last Friday, the High Court ruled that the government’s decision to proscribe the group as a terrorist organisation had been unlawful.Palestine Action had, the three judges accepted, carried out some acts of terrorism, said Alistair Gray in the Financial Times. But they ruled that the chal…
All but one of charged Palestine Action activists released on bail
Has the UK criminal justice system treated Palestine Action activists too harshly? There were tears of joy at the Old Bailey today when all but one of a group charged with breaking into an Israel linked weapons firm were released on bail. Some of them had spent over a year-and-a-half on remand. All 24 defendants have now been found Not Guilty of the most serious charge against them – although they still faces lesser charges, which they deny. Fou…
Twelve Filton 24 defendants granted bail - including former hunger strikers
At long last, twelve of the Palestine Action defendants – otherwise known as the Filton 24 – have been granted bail following a hearing at the Old Bailey on. The legal limit for an individual to held on remand (before trial) is 182 days, or around 6 months. Every single one of the defendants were held for longer than that period – some even for twice as long. Five of the Filton defendants – Teuta Hoxha, Kamran Ahmed, Zahra Farooque, Heba Muraisi…
Four Palestine Action Hunger Strikers Finally Granted Bail
Four Palestine Action-linked remand prisoners who went on hunger strike last year have been granted bail, which was one of the key demands of their protest. They are among 12 prisoners from the Filton 24 granted bail at a hearing at the Old Bailey on Friday 20 February. All but one of the 24 activists, who are accused of raiding an Elbit facility near Bristol in 2024, are now out on bail. Teuta Hoxha, Kamran Ahmed, Qesser Zuhrah and Heba Murai…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 88% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium







