Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Sony No Longer Wants “PlayStation Exclusive” Games to Get a PC Launch

Hermen Hulst said narrative PlayStation games will stay on PS5 as Sony shifts PC releases toward multiplayer and live-service titles.

  • On Monday, PlayStation Studio Business CEO Hermen Hulst told staff in a town hall that the company's narrative single-player games will now be PlayStation exclusive, confirming Bloomberg's reporting from earlier this year.
  • Sony previously released major exclusives like Spider-Man and The Last of Us on PC, though the strategy remained inconsistent as some titles arrived years after console launch while others skipped the platform entirely.
  • Technical issues and PSN account controversies led to underperforming PC ports, prompting leadership to prioritize the brand's traditional blockbuster single-player exclusivity model to maintain its value.
  • Future multiplayer and live-service games will continue to reach PC, but upcoming single-player titles including Ghost of Yotei and Saros are no longer planned for Steam releases.
  • Microsoft Xbox chief Asha Sharma recently told staff she is reevaluating the company's exclusive game strategy, suggesting Sony may not be the only firm returning to platform-locked titles.
Insights by Ground AI

30 Articles

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 50% of the sources lean Left, 50% of the sources are Center
50% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

80.lv broke the news on Monday, May 18, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal