Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Phillip Schofield says 'there was no way back' as he addresses 'brutal time'

Schofield says the fallout left no path back to television and that he has settled into a quiet, drama-free life with family and friends.

  • Three years after the scandal that ended his long-running career, former This Morning presenter Phillip Schofield has described the period as "utterly brutal."
  • Admitting to a relationship with a colleague 30 years his junior, the 64-year-old acknowledged lying to his employers and family, having previously denied the affair to wife Stephanie.
  • Schofield's professional and personal relationship with long-time co-star Holly Willoughby ended amid the fallout, with the pair maintaining "no contact" since their 14-year partnership dissolved three years ago.
  • Despite the public turmoil, daughters Molly and Ruby have remained by his side, while Schofield now resides away from the spotlight, insisting he is "content" with a quieter existence.
  • Maintaining he keeps his "head down" while adjusting to a "calm and drama free" life, Schofield recently returned to television, spending 10 days on a remote island for a survival series.
Insights by Ground AI

11 Articles

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 46% of the sources lean Left
46% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

The LADbible broke the news in Manchester, United Kingdom on Saturday, May 16, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal