OPP constable charged with sexual assault in incidents involving three women: SIU
The SIU says the allegations involved three women and led to six criminal charges after investigators found reasonable grounds to proceed.
- On Monday, the Ontario Special Investigations Unit charged Ontario Provincial Police Constable Zahid Javed with three counts each of sexual assault and breach of trust involving three women and incidents between August 2024 and October 2025.
- The investigation began after the Ontario Provincial Police contacted the SIU on February 6, 2026, regarding an initial allegation; further claims involving two additional women emerged during the watchdog's probe.
- SIU Director Joseph Martino determined there were reasonable grounds to believe Javed had committed criminal offences; he was arrested Monday at headquarters and later released on conditions prohibiting contact with the complainants.
- Javed is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Midland next month, while the SIU stated it will not comment on the case while proceedings are before the courts.
- These allegations against the officer have not been proven in court, and the Southern Georgian Bay detachment officer remains under scrutiny as legal proceedings continue.
22 Articles
22 Articles
Southern Georgian Bay OPP officer charged with sexual assault, breach of trust: SIU
An Ontario Provincial Police officer from the Southern Georgian Bay detachment has been charged with sexual assault and breach of trust following an investigation by the province’s police watchdog.
Southern Georgian Bay OPP officer faces six charges, including sexual assault
A Southern Georgian Bay officer is facing six charges, including three counts of sexual assault, following an investigation by the province's Special Investigations Unit (SIU). The SIU says it has reasonable grounds to believe an officer with the detachment committed criminal offences between Aug. 2024 and Oct. 2025. The investigation began after Ontario Provincial Police notified the SIU on Feb. 6, 2026, about an allegation of sexual assault in…
OPP constable charged with sexual assault in incidents involving three women: SIU
The SIU says the alleged incidents took place between August 2024 and October of last year.
SIU Charges Southern Georgian Bay OPP Officer With Three Counts Of Sexual Assault
The Director of the Special Investigations Unit, Joseph Martino, has reasonable grounds to believe an Ontario Provincial Police officer with the Southern Georgian Bay Detachment committed criminal offences between August of 2024 and October of 2025. On February 6, 2026, the Ontario Provincial Police notified the SIU of an allegation of sexual assault involving an officer and a woman. In the course of its investigation, the SIU uncovered separate…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 85% of the sources lean Left
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium








