Dodgers president shuts down sale rumors after Mark Walter’s $12.5B Lakers deal
Stan Kasten said no sale process has started and that Mark Walter is not exploring sales of the Dodgers or his other sports holdings.
- On Friday, Los Angeles Dodgers president Stan Kasten dismissed online speculation that the franchise is for sale, following owner Mark Walter's $12.5 billion sale of the Los Angeles Lakers earlier this month.
- Federal prosecutors and the Securities and Exchange Commission are investigating Walter's insurance companies, Delaware Life and Clear Spring, over failing to disclose more than $20 billion in loans to affiliated entities.
- Investigators subpoenaed Egan-Jones Ratings, which provided exclusive ratings for at least 50% of Clear Spring's $6.3 billion bond portfolio, to examine how billions in financing supported Walter's other businesses.
- Kasten also confirmed that Walter is not exploring sales of his other sports properties, including the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks and the Professional Women's Hockey League.
- While Walter is cooperating with the investigation, Kasten noted the owner remains committed to the Dodgers, who have won three World Series titles in six seasons with stars like Shohei Ohtani.
18 Articles
18 Articles
Dodgers president shuts down sale rumors after Mark Walter’s $12.5B Lakers deal - Regional Media News
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles Dodgers president Stan Kasten attempted to calm online speculation about the future of the franchise under billionaire owner Mark Walter on Friday. "The Dodgers are not being sold. They're not for sale. There's no process that has been started to sell it, period," he told reporters on the field before the team's game against Pittsburgh. "We are planning only to win." The conjecture began earlier this month with Wal…
Dodgers ‘not for sale,’ team president declares during defense of Mark Walter
Dodgers president Stan Kasten defended owner Mark Walter and reiterated that the Dodgers are not for sale despite the federal investigation into Walter's businesses and reports of him selling the Lakers and Chelsea
Dodgers president shuts down sale rumors after Mark Walter’s $12.5B Lakers deal
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles Dodgers president Stan Kasten attempted to calm online speculation about the future of the franchise under billionaire owner Mark Walter on Friday.
Will Mark Walter Have to Sell the Los Angeles Dodgers? - Bleacher Nation
You may or may not have heard that the Los Angeles’ Dodgers’ majority owner Mark Walter recently sold his ownership stake in the Los Angeles Lakers – a stake he’d purchased barely a year ago. Yes, he got a big premium on what he’d paid, but that’s generally not something you see unless there are exigent circumstances. Sure enough, it has come out that Walter’s various financial firms – and, in particular, his insurance companies – are being inve…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 44% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium















