Dave Grohl admits Foo Fighters "continuing after Taylor Hawkins was really complicated" and breaks silence on Josh Freese exit
- On Apple Music, Grohl told Zane Lowe that continuing after Taylor Hawkins' death was `really complicated`, and the interview took place on what would have been Hawkins' 54th birthday.
- After Hawkins' death, the band spent six or seven months discussing their future and called a new drummer to say they would move on without issuing a public statement.
- Grohl said he spent the last year and a half demoing 30 or 40 ideas and found 10 loud bangers; the new album arrives April 24.
- The lineup change occurred after Freese's abrupt departure in May 2025, with Ilan Rubin joining and Freese returning to work with Trent Reznor.
- They will head out on the road in the UK and Europe this year for stadium shows, play North American dates in summer and autumn, and tour Australia and New Zealand in 2026 and 2027.
20 Articles
20 Articles
Why was continuing Foo Fighters complicated? #entertainment
How the band moved forward after a major loss In the wake of Taylor Hawkins’ death, the group faced a painful crossroads. The band’s frontman acknowledged that keeping Foo Fighters active was “really complicated,” a shorthand for the emotional, logistical and creative hurdles the group ...
The Foo Fighters announced their twelfth studio album, Your Favorite Toy, and presented the single that gives the title to the project, officially marking the start of a new stage for the band. The album, which will arrive this year, will be the first unreleased material since But Here We Are and shows Dave Grohl and company returning to a direct, frontal and uncompromising sound. With this release, the band reaffirms its validity within contemp…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 50% of the sources lean Left, 50% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium










