US and Britain say their navies shot down 15 attack drones over the Red Sea
- A U.S. warship and a Royal Navy destroyer successfully intercepted 14 suspected attack drones and another drone targeting commercial ships in the Red Sea.
- The Royal Navy's last aerial target interception in anger was during the 1991 Gulf War, and the recent attack marked the first such incident in decades.
- Houthi rebels in Yemen have claimed responsibility for the attacks, posing a direct threat to international commerce and maritime security in the region.
183 Articles
183 Articles
U.S. Navy Ship Downs 14 Terrorist Drones - American Faith
A U.S. Navy warship downed 14 drones from Houthi terrorists based in Yemen. The incident occurred over the Red Sea. “US Navy Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Carney (DDG 64) intercepted a swarm of 14 UAVs launched from Yemen. The same destroyer previously intercepted 22 targets over the past two weeks,” a statement reads. “In the early morning hours of December 16 (Sanna time) the US Arliegh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS CARNEY (DDG …
US, UK shoot down 15 drones launched from Yemen over Red Sea
The United States and the United Kingdom shot down 15 drones launched from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen early Saturday morning that were targeting commercial ships in the Red Sea. U.S. Central Command said in a statement on X, formerly Twitter, that the USS Carney “successfully engaged 14 unmanned aerial systems launched as a drone wave from Houthi-controlled…
US and British navies shoot down 15 drones
LONDON — A U.S. warship shot down 14 suspected attack drones over the Red Sea on Saturday and a Royal Navy destroyer downed another drone that was targeting commercial ships, the British and American militaries said.
According to its own statements, the US Army prevented possible further attacks on merchant ships in the Red Sea.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 53% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium


































