Strikes in Gaza Require IDF Chief's Approval, Iran, Oman Inch Closer to Hormuz Deal
The move follows pressure from the Peace Council and foreign governments as forces retain authority to stop immediate threats.
- On Monday, Gen Eyal Zamir ordered new restrictions on Israeli military strikes in the Gaza Strip, requiring advance approval for targeted killings while allowing troops to respond immediately to direct threats, the IDF said.
- Southern Command officials said the directive followed a Peace Council statement calling to halt targeted killings in Gaza, alongside criticism from Egypt and Qatar over an Israeli strike earlier this week.
- Kan News reported the military went 30 hours without conducting airstrikes or targeted operations in the Strip. Over the weekend, the IDF conducted 22 strikes across Gaza, with reports from the Strip indicating 28 people were killed.
- Senior IDF officials are preparing to present three conditions regarding the Peace Council's 15-point proposal during a meeting with Zamir on Tuesday. Demands will be presented to Israel's political leadership for decision.
- Military officials are expected to oppose any partial withdrawal before Hamas is fully disarmed, instead seeking operational freedom to eliminate emerging threats, including terrorists viewed as a "ticking time bomb.
17 Articles
17 Articles
Iran: agreement on road of Hormus dependent on US behavior +++ Insider: Trump wants to cut petrol prices with exception for ships +++ The newsblog.
Change of procedure in the Israeli army coincides with the reduction of the bombings. Qatar pressures Israel to comply with the agreement, while Netanyahu raises "serious concerns".
Israel limits Gaza assassinations, allows strikes if 'imminent danger' present
IDF's new directive allows strikes only in cases of 'imminent danger' as Palestinian officials accuse Israel of blocking progress and Netanyahu says Israel will not withdraw until Hamas is disarmed
IDF chief limits Gaza strikes as military sets conditions for ceasefire proposal
Targeted operations against specific individuals, including those carried out in recent weeks against October 7 terrorists, will now require Zamir’s prior approval. By Vered Weiss, World Israel News IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir has ordered new restrictions on Israeli military strikes in the Gaza Strip, requiring advance approval for targeted killings while allowing troops to continue responding immediately to direct threats, the IDF sa…
People die again and again in Israeli attacks in the Gaza Strip. Now the government of Israel has probably tightened the rules for such attacks.
Strikes must now be conducted only to neutralize an immediate threat
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 75% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

















