Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Nigerian Security Forces Rescue 300 Kidnapping Victims

The state said the release followed a February attack that killed more than 200 people and displaced residents across the communities.

  • On Wednesday, the Kwara State Government announced that 176 residents abducted during the February 3 attack on Woro and Nuku communities have regained their freedom, ending months of uncertainty for their families.
  • Sadiku-Led Boko Haram members invaded Woro and Nuku on February 3, launching a coordinated assault that reportedly claimed more than 200 lives, destroyed local infrastructure, and forced many residents to flee.
  • After 171 days in captivity, residents reported seeing Army armoured tanks moving into the forest, suggesting the Federal Government mounted a rescue operation to secure the release.
  • Dr. Abdul Ibrahim, who led community efforts to secure the captives' freedom, said the circumstances surrounding their release remain unclear, noting, "We do not know whether there was any negotiation or ransom involved."
  • The Kaiama Development Association previously challenged the Kwara State Police Command's failure to verify the 176 abducted residents, urging officials to shift focus from debating figures to prioritizing rescue efforts.
Insights by Ground AI

40 Articles

Lean Left

·Amsterdam, Netherlands (Kingdom of the)
Read Full Article
Lean Left

Nigerian security forces have struck back against armed groups to rescue hundreds of abducted civilians.

·Copenhagen, Denmark
Read Full Article
berlingske.dkberlingske.dk
+2 Reposted by 2 other sources
Lean Right

Nigerian security forces have struck back against armed groups to rescue hundreds of abducted civilians.

·Copenhagen, Denmark
Read Full Article
Center

A total of 308 people who had been abducted in various attacks in Niger and Kwara states, Nigeria, have been released, the Nigerian government announced Wednesday.

·Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 44% of the sources lean Left
44% Left

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

Punch Newspapers broke the news on Wednesday, August 5, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal