Pentagon acknowledges Aug. 29 drone strike in Afghanistan was a tragic mistake that killed 10 civilians.
229 Articles
229 Articles
American military admits 10 civilians killed in airstrike on wrong vehicle in Kabul
Kabul - Relatives of the victims of a US drone strike that wiped out 10 members of an Afghan family in a “tragic mistake” demanded a face-to-face apology and compensation on Saturday.
'It Was Mistake, Offer Sincere Apology': Top US Military Commander on Kabul Drone Strike That Killed 10 Civilians
A top US military commander has conceded as a ”mistake” the drone strike by the American forces in Kabul last month, targeting ISIS-K terrorists days after a suicide bombing at the city airport, that killed 10 civilians, including up to seven children.
Pentagon reverses itself, calls deadly Kabul strike an error
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon has retreated from its defense of a drone strike that killed multiple civilians in Afghanistan last month. It announced Friday that a review revealed that only civilians were killed in the attack, not an Islamic State extremist as first believed. Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie, head of U.S. Central Command, called it a “tragic mistake.” For days after the Aug. 29 strike, Pentagon officials asserted that it had been con…
Pentagon reverses itself, calls deadly Kabul strike an error
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon has retreated from its defense of a drone strike that killed multiple civilians in Afghanistan last month. It announced Friday that a review revealed that only civilians were killed in the attack, not an Islamic State extremist as first believed. Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie, head of U.S. Central Command, called it a “tragic mistake.” For days after the Aug. 29 strike, Pentagon officials asserted that it had been con…
Pentagon reverses itself, calls deadly Kabul strike an error
The Pentagon has retreated from its defense of a drone strike that killed multiple civilians in Afghanistan last month, announcing that a review revealed that only civilians were killed in the attack, not an Islamic State extremist as first believed.“The strike was a tragic mistake," Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie, head of U.S. Central Command, told a Pentagon news conference Friday.McKenzie apologized for the error and said the United States is con…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 48% of the sources are Center
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium
Ownership
To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage