Nevada Suspends State Services After Security Incident
State officials are investigating a network security incident that led to suspension of in-person services and disruptions to online and phone systems, with no current evidence of data breaches.
- On Monday, Nevada state offices suspended in-person services after a network security incident that began early Sunday morning, disrupting websites and phone lines; officials confirmed Tuesday the attack is under state and federal investigation.
- The Governor's Technology Office said it began 24/7 recovery efforts after detection Sunday, deploying temporary workarounds while coordinating with federal partners including the FBI and CISA.
- Residents found locked doors and closed counters at welfare and DMV offices on Monday as the breach affected everything from DMV appointments to food assistance programs; Jose Quintana said, `I feel stuck`.
- Some state systems are returning online, though residents may still face intermittent outages as the Department of Motor Vehicles honors cancelled appointments as walk-ins for two weeks and Nevada emergency services and 911 remain operational statewide.
- The Governor's Office says agencies will begin offering in-person services later this week, though schedules are unclear, and officials will determine if data was taken after the `network security incident`.
63 Articles
63 Articles
State of Nevada still digging out from under cyber attack
(Photo: Alejandra Rubio/Nevada Current)If Nevada state officials know what — or who — crashed the state government’s information technology systems and brought multiple state offices and services to a screeching stop, they’re not saying. “The State was targeted in a cyber attack, and the incident is under active state and federal investigation. To protect internal systems during an active criminal investigation, the State is unable to provide te…

Cyberattack shuts down Nevada state offices and websites, governor's office says
A cyberattack has caused Nevada’s state offices to close for two days this week and rendered some government websites and phone lines unavailable.
Nevada targeted in cyber attack; state, federal investigation underway
LAS VEGAS (KLAS) -- The State of Nevada was targeted in a cyber attack that resulted in the closure of many state agencies, causing them to deactivate their websites and phone lines, the governor's office confirmed Tuesday evening. Early Sunday morning, the state identified a network security incident and immediately engaged in 24/7 recovery efforts. The cyber attack targeting the state prompted a state and federal investigation, a press release…
Nevada targeted by cyberattack; specifics unknown, but no known risk to personal data - The Nevada Independent
The governor’s office is not disclosing the “technical details” of the incident. The office added that there was no evidence personal information had been compromised, and the attack also did not affect state payroll.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 71% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium