MCK Demands Action After Journalists Injured, Equipment Destroyed in Homa Bay
6 Articles
6 Articles
18 Journalists, Two Drivers Attacked in Two Months, MCK Says
NAIROBI, Kenya, Aug 17 – The Media Council of Kenya (MCK) has called on the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) and the Inspector General of Police to urgently investigate and prosecute those behind a growing wave of attacks against journalists. The council said at least 18 journalists and two drivers from different media houses had been assaulted and injured over the past two months, warning that the escalating attacks posed a serious threat …
Outrage over Homa Bay violence as journalists attacked while covering rally
On Sunday morning, AFP journalists Fred Ooko and Brian Ongoro set off from Kisumu for Homa Bay to cover a Linda Mwananchi political rally. They would soon become part of the story they had gone to report. The two boarded a matatu at about 6am carrying cameras, phones and other equipment for the assignment. They arrived in Homa Bay Town about two hours later, only to find the town largely deserted amid heightened political tension. As they search…
KEG condemns assault of AFP journalists in Homa Bay
Kenya Editors Guild (KEG) has condemned the alleged assault of Kisumu-based Agence France-Presse (AFP) journalists Fred Ooko and Brian Ongoro while covering a rally in Homa Bay, calling for thorough investigations and prosecution. In a statement, KEG described the incident as an attack on the public’s right to know, the freedom of the media and the democratic process itself. “An attack on a journalist is not merely an attack on an individual. It…
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 100% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






