World Bank Says It Disbursed $200 Million to Colombia for Quake Response
The bank said the money will support public health, housing and small businesses as Colombia begins recovery after the deadly quake.
- On Friday, The World Bank disbursed $200 million to Colombia for emergency response following the deadly August 10 earthquake that devastated western regions.
- A 7.4-magnitude earthquake struck western Colombia shortly after 7:30 a.m. on Monday, toppling apartment blocks and damaging homes, schools, and hospitals across the region.
- Authorities reported on Friday that 285 people had been killed and nearly 4,000 injured, with nearly 400 others still missing from the disaster.
- The World Bank launched a Global Rapid Assessment of Damages from Earthquakes to provide early damage assessments, helping Bogota prioritize reconstruction efforts.
- Efforts are underway to channel financing to affected communities and businesses, targeting support for public health, housing, and small and medium-sized enterprises.
21 Articles
21 Articles
The World Bank announced a $200 million disbursement to Colombia to “support the emergency response.” In addition, it reported that it will launch an earthquake damage assessment to give the government information on economic losses. It is the first drop in a large bucket. These $200 million are the first effort to finance the earthquake’s attention, but they are not enough: according to Pager’s calculations, the US government system that estima…
The World Bank announced today that it has already made available 200 million dollars (about 172 million euros) in emergency aid to support the Colombian government following the earthquake on Monday. Until 13 August, the World Bank has disbursed 200 million dollars in emergency aid. The group has also launched a quick study to determine the cost of the earthquake, to help the government have a first estimate of the economic impact of the earthq…
World Bank disburses $200 mn in Colombia quake aid: statement
World Bank says it disbursed $200 million to Colombia for quake response
WASHINGTON, Aug 14 (Reuters) - The World Bank on Friday said it had disbursed $200 million to Colombia for its emergency response to a deadly August 10 earthquake that left hundreds dead. The multilateral development bank said it was working with the...
"The group also launched a rapid study to determine the cost of the earthquake to help the government have a first estimate of the economic impact" of the earthquake, the international financial institution stressed.
"The World Bank has also launched a rapid study to determine the cost of the earthquake in order to help the government have an initial estimate of the economic impact" of the earthquake.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 62% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium














