Skip to main content
Black Friday Sale - Get 40% off Vantage
Published loading...Updated

Trump Signals US Ground Operations Against Venezuelan Cartel to Begin Soon

U.S. military operations against the Venezuelan Cartel de los Soles will expand from maritime to land-based actions amid designation of the cartel as a Foreign Terrorist Organization.

  • On Thursday, President Donald Trump said the U.S. Armed Forces will `very soon` begin land-based efforts in Venezuela to stop the Cartel de los Soles, adding he has not decided to bomb infrastructure or target President Nicolás Maduro earlier this week.
  • On Monday, the State Department designated the Cartel de los Soles as a Foreign Terrorist Organization, citing maritime interdiction results that destroyed over 20 boats and caused 80 deaths since Sept. 1.
  • Since Nov. 16, the Pentagon has deployed the USS Gerald R. Ford, with the broader buildup including at least 10 warships, a nuclear submarine, F-35 fighter jets and B-52H bombers on Monday.
  • Six airlines suspended service to Venezuela over the weekend after U.S. warnings about heightened military activity, disrupting civil aviation, while President Nicolás Maduro urged the Air Force to remain on high alert.
  • He pointed to civilian enlistment and accused `imperialist` powers of trying for 17 weeks to destabilize the region, with Maduro warning of prolonged resistance, while emphasizing support amid crisis.
Insights by Ground AI

12 Articles

Center

The tension between the United States and Venezuela continues to escalate, especially after the designation of the Cartel of the Suns as a terrorist group, the issuance of the alert that forced airlines to cancel their flights with the South American country and the latest statements by US President Donald Trump, who warned that the Armed Forces will "start very soon" to arrest the narcos on land. For analysts interviewed for 20 minutes, the mag…

·Madrid, Spain
Read Full Article
The ColumbianThe Columbian
+4 Reposted by 4 other sources
Center

Trump signals US ground operations against Venezuelan cartel to begin soon

President Donald Trump said Thursday that U.S. military operations against Venezuela’s so-called Cartel de los Soles — until now limited to blowing up speedboats suspected of carrying drugs in the Car

·Vancouver, United States
Read Full Article

The U.S. is moving towards land operations against traffic related to the Maduro regime. Military search reveals internal fragility and rapid political collapse in Venezuela.

·Curitiba, Brazil
Read Full Article

Tensions between the US and Venezuela are escalating. A News Reporter İrfan Sapmaz reported on the military activity in Washington and Venezuela's rise to alertness: The US Secretary of Defense visited a naval ship in the Caribbean and increased its readiness. Maduro, meanwhile, ordered the military to full war readiness. Tensions in the region have reached dangerous levels.

·Türkiye
Read Full Article
Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 63% of the sources are Center
63% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

The Columbian broke the news in Vancouver, United States on Friday, November 28, 2025.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal