Trump thanks Secret Service, renews call for ballroom after White House shooting
Trump thanked the Secret Service after the shooting and said the incident shows why a new White House ballroom is needed, citing a prior attack.
- On Saturday evening, 21-year-old Nasire Best approached a White House security checkpoint at 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, pulled a weapon from his bag, and opened fire before Secret Service officers returned fire and killed him.
- Court records show Best was arrested last year after attempting to enter a different checkpoint while 'claiming he was Jesus Christ.' This incident marks the third time in the past month that shots were fired near the President.
- A bystander sustained injuries during the exchange, though officials noted it remains unclear whether they were hit by the suspect's rounds or return fire. Secret Service agents were uninjured.
- President Donald Trump thanked the Secret Service for their 'swift and professional action' while renewing calls for his $400 million ballroom project. He argued the incident demonstrates the need for a 'most safe and secure space' in Washington, D.C.
- FBI Director Kash Patel confirmed the agency is assisting the Secret Service, vowing to 'update the public as we're able.' The investigation remains ongoing as authorities work to corroborate details regarding the suspect's motives.
19 Articles
19 Articles
Donald Trump Renews Call for White House Ballroom After Shooting, Says the 'National Security of Our Country Demands It'
Donald Trump renewed his push for a White House ballroom after a shooting near the White House gates on Saturday, May 23. The president has claimed that the addition is essential for national security following the shooting, as well as the assassination attempt at the White House Correspondents' Dinner in April.
Donald Trump’s first reaction after deadly White House shooting: ‘Need stronger security...’
Donald Trump issued his first public reaction after the deadly shooting near the White House complex, praising the Secret Service for what he called a “swift and professional” response while also stressing the need for stronger presidential security infrastructure. The incident unfolded near a White House checkpoint after a suspect allegedly opened fire on officers before being shot dead by security personnel. Trump linked the shooting to his lo…
Trump renews call for ballroom after shooting near White House
Trump uses deadly shooting to push for controversial ballroom in midnight tirade
Hours after a deadly shooting incident outside the White House, President Donald Trump took to Truth Social just after midnight to thank the Secret Service and, in the same post, push for the construction of his controversial White House ballroom.In a post published shortly after 12 a.m. Eastern, Tr...
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 64% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium















