Trump says airspace above and surrounding Venezuela to be closed in its entirety
- On Saturday, President Donald Trump posted on Truth Social, "To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY," escalating his 'war on drugs' posture.
- The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration last week warned major airlines to exercise caution due to worsened security and more than a dozen U.S. warships and 15,000 troops are deployed under Operation Southern Spear.
- U.S. forces have struck over 20 Venezuelan vessels since early September, killing at least 83 people, according to Reuters, while Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth defended the strikes as lawful.
- A number of airlines began rerouting flights earlier this month and several carriers suspended routes after the FAA warning, prompting Venezuela to revoke operating rights for six major international airlines.
- The State Department last month designated Cartel de los Soles a Foreign Terrorist Organization and raised the reward for information on Nicolás Maduro to $50 million this year, even as Trump and Maduro have held recent diplomatic contacts.
374 Articles
374 Articles
U.S. President Donald Trump has declared this Saturday that the airspace "over Venezuela and its surroundings" has been completely "closed" in one step further to a possible land invasion of the country. Caracas has reacted to what it considers to be Trump's "colonialist threat" and has called it a new "aggression.""All airlines, pilots, drug traffickers and human traffickers: please consider that the air space over Venezuela and its surrounding…
Trump maintains pressure campaign on Venezuela, saying its airspace should be considered closed
The United States continued its pressure campaign against Venezuela on Saturday as President Donald Trump issued a broad directive on social media, warning airlines, pilots and criminal networks to avoid Venezuelan airspace.
The U.S. President is self-locking the airspace over Venezuela. International activists doubt his authority.
The reaction from Caracas to Donald Trump’s announcement of the total closure of Venezuela’s airspace did not wait. About four hours after the US president’s warning, the Venezuelan government responded with a statement calling the announcement “hostile, unilateral and arbitrary act.” Venezuela considers it “an explicit threat of use of force.” Continue reading
Trump declares airspace above, around Venezuela to be closed | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
WASHINGTON >> President Donald Trump said today the the airspace above and surrounding Venezuela should be considered “closed in its entirety,” but gave no further details, stirring anxiety and confusion in Caracas as Washington ramps up pressure on President Nicolas Maduro’s government.
'Soon land operations against the narcos'. But talk to Maduro (ANSA)
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 42% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






































