Russian attacks kill 2 in Kyiv as diplomatic efforts to end the war in Ukraine gain momentum
Russian strikes damaged energy infrastructure and multiple residential areas in Kyiv, killing two and wounding dozens, while 600,000 Ukrainians lost power, officials reported.
- On Saturday, Russian drone and missile attacks killed at least two people in Kyiv and set a private home on fire during the night of strikes on November 29, 2025.
- As a renewed U.S.-led push gains momentum this week, the attacks came just before a second round of U.S.-led peace negotiations after U.S. President Donald Trump last week released a plan following a 28-point proposal.
- Mayor Vitali Klitschko reported 15 wounded and said falling debris from intercepted Russian drones struck residential buildings while the western part of Kyiv lost power.
- Zelenskyy announced Friday the resignation of chief of staff Andrii Yermak after anti-corruption investigators searched his residence, risking disruption amid U.S. pressure to sign a peace deal.
- A U.S. delegation is then expected to travel to Moscow next week for talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin, and Trump said Tuesday he is sending envoy Steve Witkoff and Army Secretary Dan Driscoll for meetings.
102 Articles
102 Articles
EU Ambassador to Ukraine Katarina Maternova said that Russian strikes on energy and civilian facilities prove Russia's unwillingness to achieve peace.
Russia continues to exert massive military pressure against Ukraine in parallel with the talks about a possible end of the war. New rocket and drone attacks resulted in deaths and injuries.
Ukraine faced another massive Russian airstrike on Friday night. According to Ukrainian authorities, the Russians used 632 drones and 36 missiles. Almost half a million people in Kiev are without electricity after the attack. Two people were also reported dead on the spot.
Russian strikes kill 2 in Kyiv, injure 29, as efforts to end war continue
Russian drone and missile attacks on the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, killed at least two people in the early hours of Saturday, local officials said. The attacks came just before a second round of peace negotiations was set to begin, as a renewed US-led push to end the war gathers steam this week. Writing on its official Telegram channel, the Kyiv City Military Administration said two people were killed in the strikes. Mayor Vitali Klitschko said 2…
More than 600,000 people were left without electricity in Ukraine after Russian missile and drone attacks, the Ukrainian Ministry of Energy announced.
At least two fatalities, several injuries and power outages - Kiev was once again the target of Russian attacks. According to reports, negotiations on a possible end of war are to be continued during the weekend.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 39% of the sources lean Left, 38% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

























