Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse
Rescuers say 24 people have been saved and signs of life remain as more than 100 personnel search unstable rubble.
- An unfinished nine-storey building collapsed early Sunday in Angeles City, Pampanga province, with at least 20 people feared trapped in the rubble.
- Located about 80 kilometers north of Metro Manila, the site experienced structural failure when building walls and scaffolding buckled, trapping occupants in debris.
- More than 100 police and government personnel are scrambling to rescue those believed trapped; City information officer Jay Pelayo said, "There are big chunks of concrete," noting equipment challenges.
- Initial reports suggested 24 people were rescued from the rubble while 22 workers escaped; Pelayo added that interviews to identify survivors remain ongoing.
- Officials have not yet determined the cause of the collapse as rescuers continue working through debris to locate the 19 personnel who remain missing.
152 Articles
152 Articles
At least 1 dead, 21 missing in Philippine building collapse | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
ANGELES, Philippines >> At least one person was confirmed dead after a building under construction collapsed in the Philippines on Sunday, authorities said, as rescuers scoured the rubble for 21 people listed as missing.
At least one dead in Philippine building collapse, 21 people missing
At least one person was confirmed dead after a building under construction collapsed in the Philippines on Sunday, authorities said, as rescuers scoured the rubble for 21 people listed as missing. Officials said an investigation had been launched into what caused the collapse of the multi-storey building in the city of Angeles, north of the capital, Manila. Rescuers at the scene could be seen clambering over a mound of concrete slabs and ma…
It is currently unknown why the nine-story tower block, which was under construction, collapsed.
In the city of Angeles in the Philippines, a large-scale search is underway for survivors beneath a collapsed hotel under construction. The nine-story building gave way during the night following a severe thunderstorm. Subsequently, 24 construction workers, mostly sleeping on the ground floor of the building, managed to escape to safety. At least 21 people are still missing, local authorities report. Debris also landed on nearby buildings during…
The search for survivors continued in the evening, but no one had been found for several hours.
Rescuers search for 20 missing after Philippine building collapse
Rescuers were racing on Sunday to free two workers pinned under a building that collapsed in the northern Philippines, killing a Malaysian man and leaving 20 people missing.The search for survivors continued as night fell, with firemen shining small lights into the rubble for signs of life.Twenty-six people have been rescued so far after the...
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 44% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





















![[your]NEWS](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroundnews.b-cdn.net%2Finterests%2Ffb6dc495f74049f513563c33352175eaa0ecd509.jpg%3Fwidth%3D60&w=128&q=75)








