Skip to main content
See every side of every news story
Published loading...Updated

Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse

Rescuers heard voices in the rubble as more than 100 police and government personnel searched for workers after the collapse, officials said.

  • An unfinished nine-storey building collapsed early Sunday in Angeles City, Pampanga province, with at least 20 people feared trapped in the rubble.
  • Located about 80 kilometers north of Metro Manila, the site experienced structural failure when building walls and scaffolding buckled, trapping occupants in debris.
  • More than 100 police and government personnel are scrambling to rescue those believed trapped; City information officer Jay Pelayo said, "There are big chunks of concrete," noting equipment challenges.
  • Initial reports suggested 24 people were rescued from the rubble while 22 workers escaped; Pelayo added that interviews to identify survivors remain ongoing.
  • Officials have not yet determined the cause of the collapse as rescuers continue working through debris to locate the 19 personnel who remain missing.
Insights by Ground AI

145 Articles

Lean Right

In the city of Angeles in the Philippines, a large-scale search is underway for survivors beneath a collapsed hotel under construction. The nine-story building gave way during the night following a severe thunderstorm. Subsequently, 24 construction workers, mostly sleeping on the ground floor of the building, managed to escape to safety. At least 21 people are still missing, local authorities report. Debris also landed on nearby buildings during…

·Netherlands (Kingdom of the)
Read Full Article
Center

The search for survivors continued in the evening, but no one had been found for several hours.

·Montreal, Canada
Read Full Article
wz.dewz.de
Reposted by
stern.destern.de
Center

A nine-story building has collapsed in the north of the Philippines. 19 people have been rescued or have been able to secure themselves - more are suspected under the rubble.

Think freely.Subscribe and get full access to Ground NewsSubscriptions start at $9.99/yearSubscribe

Bias Distribution

  • 45% of the sources are Center
45% Center

Factuality Info Icon

To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium

Ownership

Info Icon

To view ownership data please Upgrade to Vantage

The Washington Post broke the news on Saturday, May 23, 2026.
Too Big Arrow Icon
Sources are mostly out of (0)

Similar News Topics

News
Feed Dots Icon
For You
Search Icon
Search
Blindspot LogoBlindspotLocal