Hezbollah chief Naim Qassem warns of possible new conflict after Israel kills senior commander
Hezbollah leader Naim Qassem vowed retaliation after the killing of commander Haytham Ali Tabatabai in an Israeli strike, warning a new conflict remains possible amid ongoing disarmament tensions.
- On Friday, Naim Qassem warned that Hezbollah would decide when and how to respond after the Israel Defense Forces killed senior commander Haytham Ali Tabtabai in a strike in Beirut's southern suburbs, calling it `a blatant aggression.`
- Haytham Ali Tabtabai, senior Hezbollah commander, had been one of the most consequential figures in Hezbollah, leading its rehabilitation and working with Iran to re-establish the group's structure.
- Having mapped the command picture, Military Intelligence Directorate and Israel Defense Forces units exploited a unique operational opportunity, using target-research, operations, and air force units to eliminate a Hezbollah senior command figure.
- Qassem said the group retains the right to respond and did not rule out a new war, urging Lebanon to prepare based on its army and people amid Israel and United States pressure to disarm Hezbollah.
- Since the elimination, the division has identified several potential Hezbollah successors, and the Military Intelligence Directorate has refined its capabilities facing challenges since Oct. 7.
30 Articles
30 Articles
Hezbollah's secretary general Naim Qassem said on Friday that the group has the right to respond to Israel's assassination of its chief military officer, and number two of the formation, in an attack last week in the suburbs of southern Beirut.Haizam Ali Tabatabai was killed after a bombing by the Israeli army last weekend against the capital of Lebanon, despite the ceasefire that has been in place for a year now. "This is a flagrant act of aggr…
Hezbollah "has the right to respond" in due course to Israel's assassination of its military leader, said Lebanese formation leader Naïm Qassem on Friday.
Hezbollah chief Naim Qassem warns of possible new conflict after Israel kills senior commander
Hezbollah chief Naim Qassem on Friday warned that the group reserves the right to retaliate for Israel’s recent killing of its top military commander, signalling that a new conflict with Israel remains a possibility.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 43% of the sources lean Left, 43% of the sources lean Right
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium





















