Published • loading... • Updated
Florida Sen. Rick Scott's Home Targeted in Attempted Swatting Incident on Thanksgiving
Naples police confirmed a false emergency email aimed to provoke a large response; this is the second swatting attempt at Sen. Scott's home since December 2023.
- On Thursday, Florida Sen. Rick Scott announced on social media that an attempted swatting targeted his family home in Naples; Naples Police said an email arrived before 1 a.m. and officers confirmed everyone was safe.
- Swatting is a false emergency report meant to trigger law enforcement, and Naples Police said Scott's home was targeted in an attempted swatting email received before 1 a.m. on Thursday, describing the new email as an 'obvious threat'.
- Police said the caller identified himself as `Jamal`, alleged he shot his wife, claimed a hostage, demanded $10,000, referenced a pipe bomb, and sounded computer generated.
- Sen. Rick Scott vowed to continue pushing the Preserving Safe Communities by Ending Swatting Act, condemning the attacks as `These attacks are disgusting and cruel acts that only seek to put law enforcement in harms way and instill fear in targets and communities- they must stop`,
- Scott's national profile, including speaking at CPAC earlier this year, frames why repeated attacks on his Naples, Florida home draw public attention, as he introduced the Preserving Safe Communities by Ending Swatting Act in January.
Insights by Ground AI
32 Articles
32 Articles
Coverage Details
Total News Sources32
Leaning Left0Leaning Right0Center30Last UpdatedBias Distribution100% Center
Bias Distribution
- 100% of the sources are Center
100% Center
C 100%
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium






